Live fashion illustrations are a memorable experience and a unique gift! Each guest receives a stylized fashion illustration they can share on social media or take home to frame. Live sketching is perfect for fashion and beauty store events, weddings, bridal showers, private parties, PR launches, and galas.
I draw full body, torso and portraits (shoulders up) most often on 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″ or 9 x 12″card-stock, and offer a few different options for level of detail and speed:
The three most common options are:
• 8 x 10″ full color full body couple sketches take ~ 15 minutes, and singles ~ 7 min. = 4 couples an hour (8 people).
• 5 x 7″ Full color torso or full body illustrations take 8-10 minutes for a couple, and 4-5 min for a single. = 6 couples an hour (12 people).
• 5 x7″ torso or full body illustrations without skin tone (except for people of color) take 6-7 minutes for a couple, and 3-4 minutes for a single. = 8 couples an hour (16 people).
• 5 x 7″ torso or full body black ink sketches with no color take 5 minutes a couple, 2.5 for a single. = 12 couples an hour (24 people).
• 8 x 10″ full body without skin tone (except for people of color) couple sketches take 12 minutes and singles 5-6 minutes.= 5 couples an hour (10 people).
• 8 x 10″ full body black ink sketches with no color take 7 minutes a couple, 3-4 for a single. = 8 couples an hour ( 16 people).
• 8 x 10″ shoulders up Portraits without skin tone or hair color take 5-7 minutes for singles and 10-15 minutes for couples. = `4 couples an hour (8 people).
• 8 x 10″ Full color shoulders up Portraits take 7-10 minutes for singles and 15-18 minutes for couples. = 3 couples an hour (6 people).
• For weddings if requested I sketch the Newlywed couple during dinner from a photo, which typically takes 30 minutes to an hour, or I’ll take home a photo home to draw from and mail the art to the Bride & Groom after the wedding.
• If I’m not able to sketch the estimated hourly quota during the event, I offer the option to take home photo’s and complete the remaining sketches (within the estimated hourly amount) free of charge and drop off or mail the art. Any additional take home sketches from photo’s over the amount paid for are charged at my hourly rate.
• Sometimes clients choose a more detailed sketch for the bridal party/family and a quicker sketch option for the remaining guests.
• Packaging to protect artwork and art materials are provided, and I have an easel chalkboard sign, though you can create your own if you prefer. All I need to set up is a chair, good lighting, and a 4-8′ table or surface area please. Please contact me for pricing and booking. I’m looking forward to working with you at your event!
Clients events I’ve illustrated live for include Nordstrom, Tiffany’s, Dior, Armani, David Yurman, Louis Vuitton, Target, Moxy Hotel’s, The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Bumble BFF,and Forever Bride. I also do many weddings 😉